So, I don't know how many people remember. But back in the fall (sometime in September I believe), I posted that I was trying to lose some weight. I posted a picture of the scale, which said either 150 or 150.5 pounds. Well, I got down to 147. Then, with Christmas etc I went back up to just over 150. I wasn't impressed. But, then I got a helping hand from a bad cold that lasted what seemed like forever, and went back down to 147. Right now, 147 seems like my stopping point, I have made the scale go down to 145.5- but then the next week, it is right back up to 147.
Instead of buying a new scale (and breaking this one). I decided that I have to do something productive about it. Brett and I are going to San Francisco in 32 days, and then a month after we get back (70 days from today), we are going to Jamaica with my dad, Stepmom and sister. So, I want to be able to look back on the pictures and be proud of what I have done.
I have been pretty good in the past few weeks with what I eat. I have the occasional mess up, but whatever- we all do! I have realized that my body doesn't really like chocolate, so that is actually a good thing. But, working out a couple times a week with a 10 minute work out video, well it is doing good, it isn't doing enough. It is helping me maintain, which is fine- once I get to where I want to be. But for now, I need something more.
A couple days ago, I got up and opened my email. I get emails from dealfind, groupon, things like that. So, while I was checking those out, I saw the one from dealfind was for Good life fitness. It was for 30 days of unlimited group fitness classes. It is a great deal, and something that I thought I will like. So, I bought it. I have always wanted to do the group classes (I am not a gym type person, so that is a waste of money). But, with the prices, I didn't know which one to choose, because I have to like it to go. This way, I can try them all. Then, if I like it and actually go all the time, I can get a pass for the year. And, because it is at Good life for women, it is just women, and, I can also use the pass for any of the classes- they are drop in. I wouldn't have to pick one, and wouldn't have to register! YAY!
So, I put the word out, to see if anyone wanted to join me. My friend Christie called me and said she was interested. I am so happy to have someone to go with. Then, there is no way I can get out of it, because I am meeting her, and don't want her to be there and I am not! As we were talking about the classes we are going to go to, we realized that we are going to kill ourselves (we don't workout- either of us, we try everything to get around it- ok, I do- but it is time).
So, I am going to write it here too. Then you can all ask me how these classes are going. We are starting on Sunday, and will go until the 18th of March! Brett and I leave on the 20th, so I am hoping to be where I want to be...I guess, I could write that too. I will be happy to be at 140- so 7 pounds gone. But, my ultimate goal is to be at about 135. Those BMI calculator things say that I should be about 125-130 pounds, but I honestly think that is too small for me.
Here is our schedule for the next month...
Sunday- body flow (this is a combination of yoga, tai chi, and pilates)
Monday- body vive (this is a workout using vive balls and tubes)
Tuesday- body flow
Wednesday- body step (a step workout)
Thursday and friday we will have off
Saturday- New Body (just a simple cardio class)
Yep- we will be going 5 times a week, for an hour each time! It is time to say good-bye to this weight!
I am going to try to remember to do a weekly update here, so others can follow along with our progress.
No comments:
Post a Comment