Tuesday, March 8, 2011

"crappy" day

*note- not for the gag easy*

I am going to share a story from today, that honestly, if I didn't live it, I wouldn't believe. I have to write it somewhere, because honestly now that it is over, I am laughing.

Danika and Bryce were upstairs playing this afternoon. I was on the main floor with Landon and Neely. I was listening for craziness upstairs, nothing. All is well, until...

Bryce came downstairs. He kept pointing at his mouth, grabbing his tongue and sort of whining. I wasn't sure what he was saying, because he knows how to ask for a drink. But then I smelt poop! I checked Neely, who I had just changed- nothing. I went to check Bryce, and realized that he had poop on his hands! I quickly cleaned him off, and checked his diaper, nothing. So, then I was on a poop hunt- where, oh where did this poop come from? Upstairs I went...into our room- nothing, then the bathroom- poop everywhere! Checked Danika's room- ding, ding, ding- I win! Or do I?

Danika is sitting half naked on her floor (oh, by the way, we have white carpet!)! She tells me to "get out" and "don't look under my bed"! Before I can deal with her, Andrea is here to pick up the kids!

As Andrea and I are talking, I asked Bryce..."did you eat Danika's poop?" he says "yep". I asked him in many different ways, all answers being "yep". I even asked if it was gross, he said "yuck". He even told us " kaka's poop no numa" ( which translated is Danika's poop not nummy). Andrea, being a good friend was trying not to laugh!

After she left, I went back to my hunt. I went back upstairs to survey the damage! As I entered Danika's room, I came to realize I had some work to do! After putting the pieces of the puzzle together, I realized that Danika got too busy to go to the bathroom. Decided that she needed to hide the evidence. Tried to put the poop in the toilet, Bryce tried to help- getting it on his hands, and in his mouth! Then Danika hid her clothes in her stuffed animals under her bed and kept playing. Yes, sitting her poopy bum on her white carpet! I was left with...

A poopy Bryce
A poopy Danika
Poopy white carpet
Poopy bathroom
Dirty clothes
Stuffed animals which now smell like pee from the dirty clothes
And, a huge hope that not much poop went in Bryce's mouth!

So, I cleaned the bathroom, cleaned Danika's room, cleaned the carpet, sprayed stuffed animals, got all clothes in the washer (oh, I had just finished all laundry!), then threw 2 kids in the tub! Oh, and brushed Bryce's teeth! All this before dinner!

Oh, the joys of kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One word "gross". What a day.

Jessica

Our story said...

wow and I thought I had bad days lol.. I guess this is what I have to look forward too!

About Me

My photo
The Hendricks family consists of one work at home dad, 2 children, and a work at home mom- who tries to hold it all together!