Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pregnancy Brain

So, last week I was so excited to go to my doctors appointment. I was starting to get a cold- and wanted to know what I could do. Bryce is kicking my pelvis-and I wanted to know if I could ice or heat it, I also needed to get a sheet for an ultrasound to check on the placenta (it was fully covering the cervix at the 18 week- not that it matters because we are having a c-section anyways- but the dr is letting us go in and have another peek at Baby Bryce!), and I had to get my sheet to do my gestational diabetes test...

Well- as I am getting ready to go, I had to get change for parking. I notice my card in there telling me when the appt is- I look- it says TUESDAY! WTH. The tuesday that had past too. I couldn't believe it. Trying to calm down- because I felt like a moron- I called. Luckily- after awhile, I rescheduled for yesterday.

So- we got there yesterday- the wind was insane- so was finding parking. (for a hospital- they need more parking!) I get in- and my dr had to go deliver a baby. So he had one of the interns doing the appointments.

She measured my belly- all is good. Then she tried to find Bryce with the doppler. I explained that we had rented one- and he is WAY over to my right side- and way down- even though my belly is huge and he has a ton of space. (he is going to like being swaddled I think!). So she looks- and can't find him- so she feels around with her hand on my belly- I know he is okay because I can feel him moving away from the doppler- I was trying not to laugh! So she kept getting his heart beat- but then he would move. She kept reassuring me that everything was okay- which I knew it was. I told her that was fine- we heard it- and I can feel him moving. I didn't need to know the heart rate- it is always between 140 and 150 anyways!

I got the answers to my other questions- and got my sheet- but the one thing I hoped to do- book the c-section has to wait until my next appointment- when my dr is there- with his schedule. She did say that he will do it in between 38.5 weeks and 39 weeks- which is right when we thought. So we will know for sure on the 24th of February. We are hoping for May 11th.

And I found out that after my next appt we are already down to an appt every 2 weeks. I can't believe how fast this is going! Bryce will be here in 3 and a half months! CRAZY!

We can't wait to meet him- and see how similar and different he is than Danika!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
The Hendricks family consists of one work at home dad, 2 children, and a work at home mom- who tries to hold it all together!