Well I thought I should give a quick update to everyone.
Brett has gotten his staples out, and he feels fine. He said getting them out hurt a bit- but I am sure if he could remember the pain from when he did it- getting them out wouldn't have hurt at all! The wound is healing nicely- you can barely even tell- except for the shaved spot in the back of his head! I am feeling much better. If I could discribe the pain, I would- but it was definately indiscribable! I am back at work, and I am able to do things for myself, including stand up and walk! So as for our christmas adventure- all is well, we are healed, and back to normal- well as normal as we get!
While we were injured, we had our first scheduled ultrasound (one booked by the doctor to check for twins). We did have one in the hospital to check on the baby, which told us (I know some of you thought it was twins- even while we were in the hospital, but that was a misunderstanding) that there is only one baby, and that the baby was fine (heartbeat of 171 beats per minute). But our Doctor wanted us to still go to the other ultrasound to double check on everything since it had been a few days, so we did- and boy are we glad we did. Brett got to come in this time, so he got to watch the whole thing on the screen (computer geek he is, he was asking every possible question about the ultrasound machine). He got to see how active this baby is. He was so amazed to see how much 'it' was moving around. The ultrasound lady showed me the screen a couple of times, but I was still in some pain, so it didn't really click with me until later. They asked if we wanted some of the pictures they took- so of course we said yes. Best $10 we have ever spent. Some of you have seen the first 7 pictures of the baby, and some of you haven't yet- for those of you that we wont see for awhile, Brett is going to try to get them into the computer so we can post them- we will let you know. On this day the heart rate was 175 beats per minute- if you believe the old wives tales it is a girl- if you don't then you will have to wait to find out for sure (we are finding out on Feb 23rd- so if you don't want to know until July- let us know and we will try to keep it a secret). We got the picture of the baby getting measured, and getting the heartbeat reading, as well as a face shot- kind of creepy, one of the baby doing a hand stand- just the legs up in the air (or whatever it is in), and 3 of just the baby lounging- one has the arms out moving around, and one shows the long legs! So we were happy to see that. As of January 3 we are in the second trimester- which is good news, a little less stressful. But the wondering if we will have everything ready stress has set in (well with me atleast), but all of you that know me, know it will all be ready so far in advance I will look crazy to all of you! Also the nesting has kicked in. Nothing can be left out- which is hard while doing renos in your house! Every tool Brett uses, as soon as he puts it down, I put it away- it is starting to drive him crazy I think! It is kind of nice though- because the house looks clean, and is at a point of the renos where it can be clean, but still needs to be cleaned- if that makes any sense!
Renos are going really good. While we were off Brett got the flooring in on the main floor, and on the stairs going upstairs! He will be starting today on the upper floor- taking carpet out, and putting laminate in. Then we have to do baseboards, and get me my new sink! Some of the renos got changed- like our idea of putting laminate on the third level (where the dayhome is), we are just going to clean the carpet- it is much nicer for the kids. And some renos have been pushed back- due to me having to save for maternity leave, and time, the basement will just be how it is for now. It is mostly done- but we have decided that we are putting raised flooring panels, with laminate on them down there, so everything will wait until then- which will be done when Brett gets his new tank up and running- which should be... Well probably when the baby goes to collage- just kidding- he would kill me! We don't know when that will be though. But for now, the basement will have the old tank, some chairs and the wonderful games table that we got for christmas (which Brett has not set up yet- he is so scared to get his butt kicked). So the house is livable now- which is nice for a change, and it is also nice because of the nesting I mentioned!
So that is our lives updated. Not much is happening with us this month. We have a doctors appointment on the 17th, my brothers birthday on the 28th, and lots of shopping for nachos, and nacho cheese in our future (I must thank my step mom, Sharon, for bringing up that delicacy- which I can not go a day without now! Actually Brett should probably thank her!)
We will of course keep everyone posted!
Have a great day- stay warm (yes those of you that don't live in Calgary- it is cold here- this is our week or two of winter)!
No comments:
Post a Comment